Reporting to: Operations Planning and Support Manager
Salary: £55-£58k per annum
Department: Ground Operations
Location: Hampton Wick
This is a key role responsible for the running of the Operations Control Centre (OCC). The role holder is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Team ensuring the department runs efficiently, is compliant with all applicable regulations and in line with Company policy and procedures. The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of cover is provided and the development of the Team members..
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for managing the Operations Control Centre including the efficient delivery of the daily management duties of the department related to operations, flights dispatch and crew duty elements.
- Responsible for delivering excellent customer service and communication to the business ensuring all relevant departments are kept up to date with all the relevant operational changes whilst demonstrating and promoting One Air values and advocate our safety culture; raise safety issues where applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing third-party service providers against OCC related services, ensuring they deliver in accordance with the Service contract.
- Responsible for ensuring close collaboration and excellent communication with maintenance control for the purpose of flight scheduling, maintenance events and AOG situations
- Responsible for the management, support and ongoing development of the OCC team members, with the ability to identify future talent and optimise the expertise within the Team
- Manage the OCC team in support of efficient oversight and supervision of day-to-day operations, in respect to:
- Daily Operations requirements related to Flight/Ground/Cargo Operations
- Customer, Crew and Dispatch liaison
- Work closely with third party providers to support the delivery of the processes, procedures and dispatching of aircraft to the expected One Air and client standards.
- Review Flight Confirmations, Flight Briefs and Final Briefing packages.
- Monitoring the scheduling of flights and flight following.
- Review any flight planning provided by the third-party provider and feedback enhancements as per the AOC regulations and the customers’ requirements.
- Monitor all flight set ups to make sure compliant with all Flight time limitations as set out in OMA Section 7
- Operational Systems administration.
- Manage airport slots and flight permits
- Assisting in travel and transport requirements where required.
- Processing, reviewing of post flight paperwork where applicable.
- Ensuring the appropriate standards of safety and security are achieved in line with corporate requirements, government legislation and international best practice.
- Managing issues in a timely manner through liaison with crew, service providers, load masters, airport authorities and internal departments to effectively deal with potential barriers to effective operations.
- Monitoring and reporting on operational performance in support of performance management and continuous improvement across the airline.
- Working with all Company stakeholders to successfully introduce new projects, systems, process and procedures into the OCC
Key skills , knowledge, Experience required: (i.e. those required to fulfil the role, including qualifications):
- Excellent clear, concise communication skills are essential with excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent and very comprehensive knowledge of applicable UK CAA regulations with respect to Dispatch Procedures, Ground Operations, Customs, Dangerous Goods and Security
- Proven management experience with the ability to engage and develop a Team.
- Proven ability to manage and solve a number of complex issues efficiently and calmly.
- Previous experience with a good knowledge and familiarity with aviation management systems
- Knowledge of the LEON flight software system
- Experience in using the PPS flight planning system
- Dispatchers License would be desirable but not essential
- Must have had at least three years relevant work experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to plan and organise often fast moving ever changing operational needs on a daily basis
- Excellent leadership skills, proven ability to develop team members and influence others
- Excellent interpersonal and all-round communication skills with the ability to problem solve under pressure whilst ensuring the operation is fully supported
- Excellent team player, able to work collaboratively with the department, 3rd party agents and other departments as required
- Excellent customer focus skills.
One Air Values underlined by our Behaviours:
Any additional relevant information:
This role will be based at One Air head office in Hampton Wick, Monday – Friday to support the operation. Standard working hours are 9am-5pm but flexibility will be required to successfully support the OCC and Duty Managers.